Wednesday, July 4, 2012

For all my fellow veterans and patriots:

It isn't a religious decree, but was and is my pledge to the
country of my birth. I took this pledge every school day as a boy,
even practicing it at home. Later, I took an even greater oath, when
I had the honor of serving in our armed forces.

I love this, the original pledge. This is how it was written by
Francis Bellamy, and how it should be spoken. 
 
I am the giant on the left.
 
I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG,
OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
AND TO THE REPUBLIC,
FOR WHICH IT STANDS,
ONE NATION INDIVISIBLE,
WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL! 
 
 
 
 
Patriotism has nothing to do with politics or religion. It has to do
with loving your country, the way you would love your child or
parent; unconditionally, and with a willingness to give all you have
for it. There are two types of Americans; those whom have it, and
those whom, for one reason or another, suckle on it.


Happy 4th of July!
 
Gerry Kissell

No comments:

Post a Comment