Wednesday, September 24, 2014

So, this Combat Medic walks into a bar...

As soldiers, we were trained to improvise and overcome obstacles. Here is an example of my own personal experience as a soldier, with improvising and overcoming a given situation. The incident took place many years ago when I was asked to save a chair in the E-Club, by a female soldier who was leaving the table to use the latrine. When she returned, I had several other soldiers working with me, as we had her chair on it's back, on the floor, with two guys performing two-man CPR on it, and we had used items from around the bar (Napkins, straws, swizzle sticks, etc) to splint the chair, run an IV, and cover it in different kinds of bandages. She stood there in shock, asked, "What the hell are you doing?" To which I told her, "You need to back up, ma'am, we are saving your chair!"

Never ask a slightly inebriated combat medic to save your chair. Or even a sober one, as a matter of fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment